Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A Day out at Papa's House











Did you ever have one of those days?? Well, today was mine. I always love going to see my papa and nana. Today was no exception. However, papa was busy cutting up a pair of wild hogs he had just killed and nana was busy doing nana things. Mom sat down to help papa carve up the meat while I was left to deal with the kids. We decided to make the most of a warm winter's day by staying outside and out of trouble. Haha. I heard you laugh and you were right.
Emily fed bread and cereal to the chickens, chased the cats, and entertained herself with anything and everything that she saw. Lightning, um, I mean Jake was crawling through the chicken poo, throwing dirt, climbing under buildings, on tractors, and over anything that was standing in his way. I could barely get ahold of the boy before he was off again. By the late afternoon, the "mountain" was the lesser of all the evils that lurked about. The kids had a great time climbing and sliding in the dirt. They were busy for hours!! Jake didn't even make it to the end of our visit before he fell asleep. Emily did make it to bedtime, but there was no protesting the welcomed sleep. Now where can I get one of these mountain things for my house.....

No comments:

Post a Comment